Importance of Ramadan – What Makes Ramadan
Importance of Ramadan – What Makes RamadanRamadan is the most precious month in the Islamic calendar (Hijri) and it is obligatory for the Muslims to fast in the month of Ramadan. Here are some interesting and quick points that shows the importance of Ramadan in Islam.
Allah has made fasting this month the fourth Pillar of Islam
Allah revealed the Quran in this month
Allah has made Laylat al-Qadr (The Night of Decree/Power) in this month, which is better than a thousand months
Allah has made fasting Ramadan and spending its nights in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward a means of forgiveness of sins
In this month, Allah opens the gates of Paradise and closes the gates of Hell, and chains up the devils
Every night Allah has people whom He redeems from the Fire
Fasting Ramadan is a means of expiation for the sins committed since the previous Ramadan, so long as one avoids major sins
Fasting in Ramadan is equivalent to fasting ten months
Whoever prays Qiyaam in Ramadan with the Imaam until he finishes, it will be recorded for him that he spent the whole night in prayer
Umra’h in Ramadhaan is equivalent to Hajj
It is Sunnah to observe I’tikaaf (retreat for the purpose of worship) in Ramadan
It is Mustahabb in the sense of being strongly recommended in Ramadan to study the Quran together and to read it to a great deal
It is Mustahabb in Ramadan to offer Iftaar to those who are fasting
- Monthly Profiles Of The Islamic Calender
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- The Kabba. Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- The Islamic Calendar
- Virtues of Muharram and Fasting on 'Ashura', The SALIH AL-MUNAJJID
- Fasting the Day of ‘Ashura’
- Fasting the 9th & 10th of Muharram: Virtues & Rules
- The Month of Muharram
- What is the Importance of Muharram?
- Significance of the Months of Muharram & Safar in Islam
- Importance of Ramadan – What Makes Ramadan
- What is Ramadan and why is it important in the Muslim faith?
- Ramadan and its significance
- 10 Reasons for Fasting in Ramadan