Sha'baanIs the eight month of the Islamic Calendar.
Meaning of the word Sha'baan:- Consecutively escalating. (Undisturbed increase)
Upon the Arrival of the Sha'baan moon:- Beginning of innumerous blessings are showered upon us. Just as the initiation of rainfall begins with "pitter patter" such blessings reach us in the same accord and fashion.
Beginning of Sha'baan:- Blessings are intiated which progressively escalate so that by mid-Sha'baan the blessings have reached a considerable amount and finally such blessings reached a considerable amount and finally such blessings reach their peak by the end of Ramadaan.
Example supporting the above stated:- Just as a farmer prepares for a fruitful harvest by harrowing his screage so that the soil may readily retain water, in contrast our souls are geared by the presence of such blessings in Sha'baan effectively preparing us for a fruitful and completely advantageous Ramadaan.
Our Holy Prophet has said, "Sha'baan is my month and Ramadaan the month of Allah Ta'aalaa." (Daylami)
Events of Sha'baan:-
1)"Laila-tul Baraa'at (Night of forgiveness) the fifteenth night of Sha'baan.
2)"Qibla", the direction to be adopted within salaah, was reverted back to the "Ka'aba" in Makkah (after being coverted to Baitul Muqaddas in Jerusalem for a short period of time). This took place two years after Hijraah on the 15th of Sha'baan.
3)Fasting in th eblessed month of Ramadaan was made compulsory two years A.H. on the 25th of Sha'baan.
4)Three years A.H. Hadhrat Hafsa (R.A) was joined in matrimony with the Prophet .
5)In this very month forty two years later Hadhrat Hafsa (R.A) took leave from this world.
6)The birth of the Prophet's grandson Hadhrat Hussain (R.A.) took place, four years on the fifth of Sha'baan.
7)The battle of Banu Mustaliq took place in Sha'baan.
8)During the above mentioned battle, the "Aayah of Tayammum" (Purifying with sand before salaah) was revealed, five years A.H.
9)The daughter of the beloved Prophet Umme Kulthum (R.A.) took leave from this world, nine years A.H.
- Monthly Profiles Of The Islamic Calender
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- The Kabba. Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- The Islamic Calendar
- Virtues of Muharram and Fasting on 'Ashura', The SALIH AL-MUNAJJID
- Fasting the Day of ‘Ashura’
- Fasting the 9th & 10th of Muharram: Virtues & Rules
- The Month of Muharram
- What is the Importance of Muharram?
- Significance of the Months of Muharram & Safar in Islam
- Importance of Ramadan – What Makes Ramadan
- What is Ramadan and why is it important in the Muslim faith?
- Ramadan and its significance
- 10 Reasons for Fasting in Ramadan