Monthly Profiles Of The Islamic Calender
Monthly Profiles Of The Islamic Calendersacred
Is the first month of the Islamic Calendar.
The meaning of the word:- The word "Muharram" means "Forbidden." Even before Islam, this month was always known as a sacred month in which all unlawful acts were forbidden, prominently the shedding of blood.
A blessing of Muharram:- There are many bounties of this month, especially the tenth of Muharram.
Two of the many virtues of the 10th of Muharram:- On this day he who spends more lavishly for the sake of his family members, Allah Ta'aalaa will bestow blessing upon the sustenance of the following year.
Abu Qataada (R.A.) has related that the Prophet has reported to have said, It is my thought that by fasting on the 10th of Muharram Allah Ta'aalaa will pardon the sins of the past year. (Tirmizi)
Events of Muharram:-
PRIOR TO ISLAM
*Adam (A.S.) was born and had entered Paradise on the 10th of Muharram.
*Ayyub (A.S.) was cured from his illness.
*A way was made in the sea for Bani Israel.
*Suleman (A.S.) was ordained King.
*The oceans and Heavens were created. (Tanbihul-Gaafileen)
Hadhrat Hussain (R.A.) was martyred in this month.
Shaykhain Tirmizi & Haakim has narrated from Anas (R.A) that the following verse:
"Allah may forgive thee of thy sins that which is past and that which is to come."
was revealed on the 10th of Muharram.
The Prophet Muhammed went to defeat Bani Muhaarin and Bani Tha'laba (Tribes of Bani Gatfan) in the year 4 A.H.
Qiyaamah will take place on the 10th of Muharram.
- Monthly Profiles Of The Islamic Calender
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- The Kabba. Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- The Islamic Calendar
- Virtues of Muharram and Fasting on 'Ashura', The SALIH AL-MUNAJJID
- Fasting the Day of ‘Ashura’
- Fasting the 9th & 10th of Muharram: Virtues & Rules
- The Month of Muharram
- What is the Importance of Muharram?
- Significance of the Months of Muharram & Safar in Islam
- Importance of Ramadan – What Makes Ramadan
- What is Ramadan and why is it important in the Muslim faith?
- Ramadan and its significance
- 10 Reasons for Fasting in Ramadan