Zul-HijjahTwelfth and last month of the Islamic Calendar.
Meaning: The month of "Hajj" (Pilgrimage). This is the last sacred month in which fighting was forbidden.
The fifth pillar of Islam "Hajj" is performed in this sacred month. The first ten days of Zul-Hijjah are the most virtuous days in this whole month, Hajj is performed amongst these ten days.
Hadhrat Abu Haraira (R.A) reports from the Holy Prophet : "Amongst all days there are none better to engage in sole worship of Allah than in the ten days of Zul-Hijjah, To observe a fast on any of these days is equivalent to fasting throughout the year, to actively engage in prayer and worship throughout any of these nights holds such rewarding values leveling with "night of power" (Laylatul-Qadr) "Tirmizi"
It has been stated in the Holy Qur'an, "By the dawn; By the ten nights (ie. the first ten days of the month of Zul-Hijjah), and by the even and the odd (of all the creations of Allah) and by night when it departs. There is indeed in them (the above oaths) sufficient proofs for men of understanding. (and that they should avoid all kinds of sins and disbelief)"
Hadhrat Abi Qataadah (R.A) reports in a part narration from the Holy Prophet concerning the fast observed on the day of Arafaat: "I have full confidence in Allah for the one who observes a fast on the day of Arafaat that his previous year's sins and the proceeding year's sins are forgiven."
1. The Prophet performed the farewell Hajj and gave the historic sermon known as the "Farewell Sermon"
2. Egypt was conquered by the army sent by Hadhart Umar (R.A.)
3. Uthmaan (R.A.) was appointed the third Caliph
5. Hadhrat Fatimah (R.A.) was married in this holy month to the fourth Caliph Hadhrat Ali (R.A.)
i) Hadhrat Umar (R.A.) met martydom- 27th of Zul-Hijjah in the year 26 A.H.
ii) Hadhrat Uthmaan (R.A) was martyred- 18th Zul-Hijjah in the year 35 A.H.
- Monthly Profiles Of The Islamic Calender
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- The Kabba. Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- The Islamic Calendar
- Virtues of Muharram and Fasting on 'Ashura', The SALIH AL-MUNAJJID
- Fasting the Day of ‘Ashura’
- Fasting the 9th & 10th of Muharram: Virtues & Rules
- The Month of Muharram
- What is the Importance of Muharram?
- Significance of the Months of Muharram & Safar in Islam
- Importance of Ramadan – What Makes Ramadan
- What is Ramadan and why is it important in the Muslim faith?
- Ramadan and its significance
- 10 Reasons for Fasting in Ramadan