Jumada-Al-AwwalFifth month of the Islamic Calendar.
Meaning: The first month of summer. "Jumada" means dry.
1. The Battle "Moota" took place in 8 A.H. A war against infidels in which th Holy Prophet did not participate. Th battle is named after a famous city in Syria (Moota). Hadrat Zaid Ibn Haritha (R.A) was the first appointed General by the Holy Prophet
2. In the same Battle Hadrat Khalid ibn Walid (fourth general of the Battle of Moota) was proclaimed by the Holy Prophet as being "one of the swords of Allah".
3. The Holy Prophet married his first beloved wife; Hadrat Khadijah (R.A) 15 years prior to Prophecy.
Hazrat Zaid Ibn Haritha (RA) met martyrdom in 8 AH
Hadrat Ja'far Ibn Abi Talib (RA) met martyrdom in 8 AH
Hadrat Abdullah Ibn Rawaahah met martyrdom in 8 AH
Hadrat Abdullah Ibn Uthman (RA) passed away.
The Holy Prophet grandfather Abdul Muttalib passed away 32 years prior to prophency.
- Monthly Profiles Of The Islamic Calender
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- The Kabba. Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- The Islamic Calendar
- Virtues of Muharram and Fasting on 'Ashura', The SALIH AL-MUNAJJID
- Fasting the Day of ‘Ashura’
- Fasting the 9th & 10th of Muharram: Virtues & Rules
- The Month of Muharram
- What is the Importance of Muharram?
- Significance of the Months of Muharram & Safar in Islam
- Importance of Ramadan – What Makes Ramadan
- What is Ramadan and why is it important in the Muslim faith?
- Ramadan and its significance
- 10 Reasons for Fasting in Ramadan